Bugtracker

Moderator: ok666

SVPetey
Scoreville-User

Bugtracker

Post by SVPetey »

For a while I have been following the progress of ScoreVille from the sideline, watching how it grew with something small to what it has become now.

The only thing that I was kinda amazed about is that there's no way to report a bug through the use of a Bugtracker like Mantis / BugHunter / etc

Most of the time when I find a bug, I register it with a marker in the game so I know which file to look at so the programmers don't have to go running around

Is there plans for a real bugtracker which will show progress / maintenance / solving ?

PS: Not sure why the source is still on SourceForge when for example Github already has a complete package (Wiki / Bugtracker / Source tracking)

Kind regards,

Peter
I am a C# programmer that took a liking to ScoreVille
ok666
Scoreville-User

Re: Bugtracker

Post by ok666 »

There really was no need. Since we are only 2 programmers (3 with the short return of the original programmer) the project is quite manageable. If you have bugs you can post them here, along with a possible solution on your part.
SVPetey
Scoreville-User

Post by SVPetey »

So, just make a new topic for each bug which explains the bug and what the fix should be ?

Cool, expect a set of bug reports within the hour * grins *

Around 20 bugs that I have found so far so I hope someone has time today ;)
ok666
Scoreville-User

Post by ok666 »

SVPetey wrote:Around 20 bugs that I have found so far so I hope someone has time today ;)
No rush, remember, this is a hobby project. ;)
SVPetey
Scoreville-User

Post by SVPetey »

ok666 wrote:No rush, remember, this is a hobby project. ;)
Yes, I can def. relate to that part. But there's a lot of small bugs that can be fixed within 10 mins I guess

The larger bugs that take longer are not posted by me, I will supply some code with those to make the fix more robust.