Having problem with some of the "wmv" files

Moderator: ok666

zpao
Scoreville-User

Having problem with some of the "wmv" files

Post by zpao »

Hi guys,

I am using Win8 x64 with the latest VLC player (no VLC folder in the game), and the game works fine. The only problem I experience is with some of the wmv files. Most of them plays with no problem, but some of the scenes (in wmv format) of the Kelly Divine pack and most/all from the Penny Pax pack are not playing at all. Redownloaded both, with the same result. Doesnt play in game, in the editor, not even when extracted. I tried GSpot and Mediainfo to check for the codec, but they act like if the wmvs were not even media files. I just dont want to start to install random codec packs because thats like using a big magnet on my hdd... :p Is anyone else have the same problem (eg. the pack is corrupted os something) or its just me?

Z
ok666
Scoreville-User

Re: Having problem with some of the "wmv" files

Post by ok666 »

Kelly Devine: My pack is already converted to MP4/H.265, but I was able to read the WMVs to do that.
Penny Pax: Windows Media Video 7

System: Win XP 32 bit with VLC v2.1.5
Kebaboni
Scoreville-User

Post by Kebaboni »

It's always sad to hear someone having problem with my packs, but at this case I don't know what the problem may be. All pack working for me. Downloaded to check - works fine. It may be the lack of codecs or the win8 fault. I created them on Win7 x64. So actually it's something that is wrong in your system/game files. Try to redownload the game.
zpao
Scoreville-User

Post by zpao »

Thanks for the help guys, its probably a problem with one of the windows media codecs (wmv1-3)... I really miss my Mac :-(

@Kebaboni: I never said that the problem is with your pack(s), sorry if it sounded like that. I like your packs, so keep going!